United in Learning Presents: The Manual 101
The Manual is an essential tool for those of us involved in decision-making in the church. When we use it well, it can guide our committees and councils to wise decisions, empower valuable dialogue, and help keep our meetings focused on the mission that we’re called to address. In this webinar we’ll explore what it’s for, and how to use it well.
Join us as we consider such questions as:
- What’s the basic “philosophy” of The Manual, and why would you need to consult it?
- What are the quickest ways to find what you need?
- How does The Manual connect to the new structure of the church, which was instituted in January 2019?
- What to do if The Manual doesn’t answer the question you have.
Who should attend:
The program will likely be of particular interest to:
- Chairs and secretaries of church committees (either in Regions or in Communities of Faith)
- Members of committees who want to understand their committee responsibilities more clearly
- Leaders taking on a new responsibility in a different aspect of the church’s work than they have done before.
Brought to you by the Mission and Service of The United Church of Canada
Cynthia Gunn has been legal counsel to the United Church for the past 24 years and also serves as staff resource to the Manual Committee. She has overseen the publication of eight editions of The Manual.