Continuing Education EventsUpcoming Events Fall 2014
- Drawing from a Deeper Well 2014-15A monthly group spiritual direction programme with Anne Simmonds.
- Courage to Lead Seasonal Retreat Series Spring 2014-Spring 2015This year-long, 5-part series with 3 gatherings in person and 2 by conference call is designed to invite clergy and congregational leaders to move beyond the "what" and "how" questions of leadership, to the "who" questions.
- Ministry of Supervision Course 2014-15The Ministry of Supervision is offered at Emmanuel College over two weeks this year: October 20-24, 2014 and February 17-20, 2015.
- Preacher Gym: A Sacred Playground for Creative ExplorationThis practical workshop will explore different physical, vocal and emotional techniques that enhance God's relationship through "The Word" in preaching.
- Atonement Theology: Seeking Non-Violent AlternativesIn this interactive workshop, participants will explore the evidence in scripture, humns and church history - including a dramatic who dunit - to figure out how "love your enemy" got edged out by substitutionary violence.
- Sexuality and Spirituality: Body as BlessingHow do we integrate spirituality in our body, or is it already there, longing to emerge? This workshop will explore the message that many have internalized regarding sexuality and body through religious traditions.
- Faithful Living: A Day to Explore Life ChoicesDo you know what you want to be when you grow up? Join us for a day at Emmanuel College, explore the campus, explore where God may be at work in your life, listen to others describe their journey and experience support in your decision-making.
- Music and the Arts in WorshipMusic and the Arts in Worship is a con ed event at Humber Valley United Church from May 1-3, 2015 featuring Kyle Matthews and many other exciting resource people.