Continuing Education Events
- Capacitar: Trauma Healing and TransformationCapacitar: Trauma Healing and Transformation is a 2016-17 Training Course with Patricia Mathes Cane which takes place over four weekends at Emmanuel College.
- Holy Currencies for Congregational VitalityThis year-long interactive and hands-on series of workshops and webinars with Eric Law empowers congregational teams to learn about and put into practice an approach to congregational ministry which is missional,
sustainable and rooted in grace.
- Godly Play Core TrainingThis series of Godly Play Commuter trainings is designed to allow you to experience and tell Godly play stories and learn how to set up and manage a Goldy Play space and session.
- Resilience in MinistryResilience in Ministry is an opportunity to explore how principles from complexity science and other systems theories can be helpful in navigating long-term ministry.
- A Spirituality of Depression WorkshopMental health is coming out of the closet. Yet beyond saying, "I have a mental illness," what else can we do In this workshop we will explore the mental illness of depression through spirituality and art.
- Ebru: Watermarbling PaintingDuring this workshop, Ebru artist Serap Bulsen will teach about Ebru materials, demonstrate traditional Ebru techniques and counsel students through the completion of their art pieces.
- Starting Well 2.0An ecumenical program to support and encourage professionals in their first years of ministry.
- Faithful Living: A Day to Explore Life ChoicesDo you know what you want to be when you grow up? Join us for a day at Emmanuel College, explore the campus, explore where God may be at work in your life, listen to others describe their journey and experience support in your decision-making.
- Naming and Confronting Subtle Violence in Everyday Church WorkA workshop to help you recognize and name the use of subtle violence in every day church work in order to build thriving places of ministry and peace.
- After the Baptism by FireThis workshop is designed for those in their first years of ministry and will support you in creating the patterns that sustain long term ministry.