Emmanuel College invites ministry professionals to spend from a week to a term or anything in between, refilling their spiritual well through self-directed study, worship and prayer on the Emmanuel College and Victoria University campus.
This Study Leave or Sabbatical program is available at Emmanuel College for ministry professionals resident in Canada who wish to take a week or more apart from their normal routine to read, reflect and re-energize at Emmanuel College. Clergy, Christian educators, church musicians, lay professionals, parish nurses, youth ministers etc. are invited to inquire by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org or calling 416-813-4096
In the Spring of 2016, Emmanuel College and Metropolitan United Church together launched the Tow Preaching Fellowship. This $3,000 bursary is to help support a sabbatical at Emmanuel College focused on excellence in preaching. It is awarded annually. The deadline is June 1 or February 1 each year. Click here for details.
This programme is available to Canadian residents. If you are applying from outside Canada, you need a connection to the College or the United Church of Canada. Please contact Kim Penner for more information.
Sabbatical at Emmanuel for One Term – Overall Fee $700 ($350 for Seniors)
1. Opportunity to audit two basic degree courses at Emmanuel
2. Access to Emmanuel and Pratt libraries – including book borrowing privileges
3. Welcome to all the Emmanuel community life programs and worship
4. Opportunity to meet on a bi-monthly basis for 1 hour with a faculty member
Sabbatical/ Study Leave at Emmanuel for One Week – Overall Fee $75
1. Use of Emmanuel and Pratt Libraries
2. Sit in on classes of your choice
3. Participate in Tuesday, Wednesday and Thursday worship or community life programs
4. 1 hour meeting with a faculty member
Variations on this outline between one week and one-term can be worked out individually.