Fees & Financial Support
U.S. Citizens: Loan Opportunities, Veterans Affairs Benefits, In School Deferment & Tax Information
Loan opportunities - William D. Ford Federal Direct Loan Program
Students may look into the federal program offered by the U.S. Department of Education.
- US citizens may apply for financial assistance from the US Federal Direct Loan Program if they are accepted in an eligible program at the University of Toronto.
- Eligible Programs: Programs providing degree studies at the University of Toronto are eligible for the US Direct Loans.
The U.S. Department of Education does not provide funding to students enrolled in:
- Certificate, diploma, non-degree programs
- Exchange programs
- Study Abroad programs
- Any programs with mandatory or optional courses or opportunities in co-op work terms, internships, practicums or Professional Experience Year Programs
- St. Michael’s College
- Trinity College
- Victoria College
- Toronto School of Theology (and its member institutions)