The goal of this grant is to provide each entering full-time conjoint basic degree student with 50% tuition support for up to the first 10 courses required by the program.
Non-degree, non-conjoint basic students, including those attending under Letter of Permission, are ineligible for this tuition grant.
1. The tuition grant is available only to a new student admitted to a conjoint basic degree program (MDiv, MPS, MSMus or MTS) and is registered as full-time during the academic year (September to April). No application is required.
2. The tuition grant is available only to a student who is a Canadian citizen, Native Canadian or permanent resident, and qualifies to pay domestic tuition rates as defined by the University of Toronto.
3. Full-time studies during the academic year means a standard course load of 2.0 - 2.5 UofT course credits per fall or winter session.
4. The Entering Theological Education Grant cannot be deferred, transferred or extended.
5. A recipient of this grant is ineligible for Emmanuel College financial assistance (bursary).
6. If an entering student receives external support aside from government student loans that covers 50% or more of the program tuition, the student will be ineligible for this entrance grant.
7. The tuition grant will cover up to 50% of the cost of tuition for courses required by the student’s program for up to a total of 10 courses within 12 months of initial registration.
8. Courses taken in the summer session are included in the grant only if they are Emmanuel College courses and within the total of the first 10 courses.
9. Courses dropped after the 100% refund date of each session will be counted towards the 10 course limit, and any remaining balance cannot be transferred or extended.
10. If a student’s registration status changes from full-time to part-time, the college may request the student to pay back a portion of the grant.
11. Paying the remaining 50% of the cost of tuition is the responsibility of the student.
12. Regular applicable incidental, ancillary and other fees are the responsibility of the student.
13. A student must be in good academic standing. A student who is no longer in good standing may not be able to continue to benefit from the tuition grant at the discretion of the Basic Degree Committee and the Basic Degree Financial Assistance Committee. The college may request the student to pay back a portion of the grant.
14. Payment of the tuition grant is deposited into a student’s ACORN account after the zero refund drop date in each session.
15. A student who has been granted on-admission transfer or shared credit courses is only eligible for a pro-rated tuition grant. A student who receives 10 on-admission transfer or shared credit courses towards the degree program is ineligible for the tuition grant.
16. The following courses are excluded from the grant: Letter of Permission, Reading and Research (independent study), Pastoral Counselling Education (PCE) units, Non-Greater Toronto Area (GTA) Clinical Pastoral Education (CPE) units, and non-Emmanuel College (EM) summer courses.
17. Extra courses above and beyond the program requirements are ineligible.