Emmanuel Colleges recognizes that a Master of Divinity degree can be a challenging commitment for potential students who are facing the realities of financing a three-year full-time program. The MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant aims to offset some of those financial costs and enable prospective students to begin the program, have a positive experience and provide students with more time to make arrangements to finance years two and three. It is our hope to make the preparation for ministry more accessible and to encourage incoming students to invest fully in life at Emmanuel College.
The MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant was offered as a pilot project in the 2011-2012, 2012-2013 and 2013-2014 academic years. Emmanuel College is pleased to announce that this pilot project has been extended for another academic year. Therefore incoming domestic MDiv students who begin the program in 2014-2015 will receive a tuition grant for up to a maximum of 10 credits taken within the first 12 months of their initial registration towards the first credit level group (the first 10 required courses in the MDiv program). Students who have been granted advanced standing transfer credits are only eligible for a pro-rated tuition grant which will be applied towards any remaining credits up to a maximum of 10 credits taken within the first credit level group in the first year of registration. Students who receive 10 transfer credits towards the MDiv are ineligible.
Students admitted to the Licentiate in Theology (LTh) may still be eligible for a tuition grant at the discretion of the Admissions Committee. Students admitted as Special Status to fulfill admission conditions for the MDiv, are ineligible for the MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant. They are, however, eligible for a pro-rated MDiv Tuition Grant if they are allowed to transfer into the MDiv program with transfer credits less than the maximum of 10 credits. International students may be eligible for other types of financial assistance.
MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant Conditions
• Regular applicable incidental and other fees still apply and are the responsibility of the student.
• Courses taken in the summer term must be offered by Emmanuel College to be eligible for the tuition grant. Courses taken in other TST schools are not covered by the tuition grant and will still count against the 10-course limit.
• A student must maintain good academic standing. A student who is no longer in good standing may not be able to continue to benefit from the MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant at the discretion of the Basic Degree Committee.
• The tuition grant is only available to students who qualify to pay domestic tuition rates, as defined by the University of Toronto.
• No additional application is required.
• Upon the completion of 10 credits of the MDiv, students who have a minimum overall average of 85% will be considered for Emmanuel College in-course scholarships.
• Students are not eligible to apply for the Emmanuel College Bursary while receiving the MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant.
• Payment of the tuition grant is deposited into a student’s ROSI account after the zero refund drop date in each session.
• Courses after the 100% refund date of each session will count towards the 10-course limit and any remaining balance is not available for transfer.
• Students are only eligible for the MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant if they have not yet completed the first credit group level of the Master of Divinity program and were admitted directly to the MDiv program in the applicable semesters.
• Licentiate in Theology (LTh) students are eligible upon the discretion of the Admissions Committee and must meet all the conditions and requirements required of students admitted directly to the Master of Divinity program.
• The MDiv Entrance Tuition Grant cannot be deferred or transferred.