Announcements about Fall Semester Classes at Toronto School of Theology: Principles in effect until December 31, 2020.
May 1, 2020
We have received many questions from students and prospective students about Fall classes. It will be several weeks before the University of Toronto announces plans for Fall; however, TST is in regular conversation with the University and understands itself to be consistent with the U of T’s goals by announcing the following:
- Our primary organizing principle will be providing access to classes and extra-curricular responsibilities that allow students to make progress with their degrees and to engage with their fellow student and college communities in this exceptional time of pandemic and its aftermath.
In light of this we are actively planning for the following:
- To provide for Fall 2020 remote access to most classes, except practicums, and to communicate decisions about the scope of remote access for future academic terms in consultation with the University of Toronto and public health directives.
- To provide for some person-to-person opportunities in some classes, if public health conditions permit.
- To work with students, including those who anticipate health care-based practicums, to fulfill curricular requirements in appropriate ways.
- To work with international students who have met admission requirements but do not have a visa and/or study permit in hand, or who cannot travel to Toronto, to begin classes through remote access.
- To work with our librarians to make research access available.
Students should stay in touch with their faculty advisors and administrators when they need more information.
Minimal technological requirements to access Quercus, can be found here. https://www.viceprovoststudents.utoronto.ca/students/tech-requirements-online-learning/